Rules and Regulations
ALL competitors are required to run raceceivers.
All cars and/or trucks are subject to inspection at anytime and must remain completely stock, except where noted below. Absolutely NO racing equipment allowed!!!!! It will be confiscated by AARA. Failure to comply will result in an indefinite suspension. Rear wheel drive, midsize or full size American sedans, two (2) wheel drive S-10, S-15, Ford Ranger, Dodge Dakota, Mazda B series and Jeep mini pickups may run under the following rules.
- Remove ALL glass, mirrors, body moldings, exterior trim, door handles, bumper fillers, header panels, plastic grills, and parts. Remove ALL interior trim, upholstery, carpet, insulation and any other combustible material from inside the vehicle. Opera windows on sedans only, may be replaced with lexan or aluminum. Must remain OEM in size and appearance.
- Floor pan must remain stock from the firewall to rear axle and must remain visible from roll cage loop forward on both driver and passenger side. No late model interiors. Plug unused holes with aluminum or steel and reduce openings to a minimum where linkage and etc pass thru.
- Body Sides may be made from Aluminum
- Top 1 1/2″ of original quarter Panel must remain.
- Must retain factory body lines.
- Hood, Roof, & Trunk must remain OEM.
- Body panels must be stock appearing. Leave no sharp edges on the outside of body, bumpers, wheels and interior. Stock bumper must be in stock location. Loop bumper ends back to frame with strap steel or tubing to prevent hooking. Spoiler may be used, made of either Lexan or aluminum, maximum 5 inch of material above the deck. Three (3) side supports may be used maximum 18 inches meeting the spoiler top.
- Tubing bumpers under fascias must also hook back to frame. Remember smooth edges! Shock absorbing bumpers must be tethered to the frame. No step bumpers allowed. NO Reinforcing of bumpers permitted.
- Windshield must be replaced with a full screen wire mesh with a maximum opening of 1×1 inch. Install three (3) vertical bars of 3/8 inch minimum diameter, reasonably spaced on driver’s side. NO rear view mirrors.
- Hood should fit tight to base of windshield opening, if not fill gap with sheet metal or aluminum.
- TRUCKS ONLY: A Tonneau cover of .040 aluminum or steel must cover the truck bed. Maximum eight (8) inch width clear Lexan spoiler with three (3) 18 inch angled Lexan supports. Trucks must use OEM bed.
- Rear frame rails maybe fabricated from center of rear end to the rear bumper.
ROLL CAGE SPECIFICATIONS
Roll over bars MUST be a box over and behind the driver. Bars MUST be at least 1 ½ inch OD steel tubing with a minimum of .095 wall thickness. NO ALUMINUM TUBING. A minimum of four (4) bars of the same 1 ½ inch material as the roll bars MUST protect the inside of the driver’s door. Three (3) bars of the same material MUST protect the inside of the right side door. All door bars MUST have a minimum of three (3) vertical pegs from door bars to the frame in each door. Top of driver’s helmet MUST be below the roll cage. All roll cages MUST be approved by safety officials. Rear of driver’ seat (at base) to center line of rear end housing shall be a minimum of 27 inches.
- All engine parts must remain stock or stock replacements, except where noted below. Flat top or dish pistons only. Valve size must remain stock for heads used. Standard lifter diameter only, solid or hydraulic permitted. Rocker studs are a non tech item. Standard rocker arm ratio for engine run.
- The following cylinder heads are permitted:
- GM 327 OR 350 CID: 126,185,339,441,487,493,624,882,993,997
- GM 283, 305, 307 CID: 416,434,450,520,601,896
- Ford 351W CID: C90E and later
- Ford 289 OR 302 CID: Any OEM cast iron Windsor head
- Chrysler 318 CID: Any OEM cast iron head.
- Engine Quest Head part # CH350I for GM. And Part # CH318 for Chrysler will be allowed. No angle milling, no port and polishing of any kind. Combustion chamber must remain within 3cc of stock. Competitors running these heads must weigh 3200 lbs.
- Camshaft must be hydraulic/non roller only.
- Eight (8) cylinder engines must run a two (2) barrel stock carburetor. NO Holleys!!!
- GM 350 and Ford 351W carburetors must mount to a stock OEM cast iron intake, without the use of an adaptor or spacer plate.
- All other eight (8) cylinder engines, any stock OEM carbureted intake manifold with one (1) adapter plate of a maximum height of two (2) inches. Ford 302 Weiand 8011 permitted.
- Six (6) cylinder options. Any six (6) cylinder engine with less than 265 CID as manufactured may be run. Any intake manifold of a one (1) piece design will be allowed. A stock Holley #4412 500 CFM carburetor permitted. Removal of choke and air horn are the only modifications allowed.
- Cars engine must remain in stock location. Trucks with V-6: #1 spark plug maximum engine setback to center line of upper ball joints. Trucks with V-8 #2 cylinder on Ford and #3 cylinder on GM and Chrysler maximum centerline of upper ball joints. Frame may be modified for engine or exhaust clearance. Firewall may be altered for engine or exhaust clearance.
- Headers allowed. Exhaust must run past rear transmission mount. Noise level must meet local track decibel limits. Mandatory manufactured mufflers only!! Strictly enforced!
Clutch, Transmission, Rear End, and Brakes
- Must have stock OEM flywheel, clutch and pressure plate as per make of engine. Hydraulic throw out bearing is permitted. Manual transmission must run blow proof steel bellhousing.
- All transmissions must have working forward and reverse. Manual transmission must be as manufactured, no shaving or eliminating gears. All gears need to engage from driver’s seat.
- Automatics must have a working torque converter with a ¼ inch thick steel scatter shield or explosion proof blanket over torque converter. Transmission coolers allowed in engine compartment only.
- Locked rear ends permitted gear ratio optional. Floater rear end optional. Full or mini STEEL spools permitted.
- Steel drive shafts only. Must be painted white. MUST have steel drive shaft loop within six (6) inches to twelve (12) inches of the front of u-joint. LOOP MUST be steel ¼ thick X 1 inch minimum around driveshaft.
- Must have at least three (3) wheel brake system. Rear disc brakes allowed using all OEM components. Fabricated brackets permitted. Single cylinder master cylinder for brakes, non adjustable. NO bias bars
- Stock suspension and steering only. Steering quickener optional. No racing shocks or springs etc.
- Upper A-Frame…Any stock or stock replacement all steel upper “A” Frame is permitted. Must attach to stock mount and retain stock ball joint. No modification.
- Rear Trailing Arms May be Replaced with stock type aftermarket style Trailing Arms. Must be equal length for chassis used, No heims. No adjustment.
- Adjustable spring spacers allowed. Shock must remain in stock location.
- TRUCKS ONLY: Lowering blocks may be used on leaf spring; front springs may be modified or replaced to lower ride height.
Battery, Fuel Cell & Fuel System
- Battery required to be mounted in the trunk or bed between frame rails. Minimum 3/8 inch hold down bolts. All safety items must meet with tech inspector’s approval
- Contained fuel cell required, MUST be in trunk, securely fastened to the frame rails. Electric fuel pumps allowed. Fuel shutoff valve MUST be within easy reach of the driver. Rear loop may be used, steel tubing 1 ¾ inch diameter maximum. MUST be inside of trunk and follow the contour of the frame. Fuel cell cannot to be lower than the center of the rear end. MUST have loop to protect the fuel cell. Tank or cell MUST mount in a frame of a minimum 1 inch X 1 inch steel. Two (2) 2inch X 1/8 inch straps must surround the cell. Gasoline or E-85 fuel only. NO ADDITIVES OF ANY KIND ALLOWED.
Wheels & Tires
Stock passenger car tires or Hoosier E-Mods optional. No mud, snow, exotic or trick tires. Siping and grooving of all tires permitted. A40, H40 and A40S only. “A40” must durometer 45 minimum before race. “H40” must durometer 60 minimum before race. . “A40S” must durometer 50 minimum before race. The Wissota W35 will be allowed. It must be run on all 4 corners. No mixing and matching.
- Tire sniffing sample testing or confiscation are at the discretion of race director or promoter.
- Steel wheels only. Maximum eight (8) inch width. Right front wheel must be reinforced, others recommended. Must run 9/16 inch minimum wheel studs on right side. Maximum two (2) beadlocks are permitted.
SAFETY & APPEARANCE
- All cars MUST be equipped with a driver’s side window net. Mounting MUST be approved by safety officials. If your window net comes down during a race you may be fined $10.00. NO car may start a race without a window net.
- All competitors MUST wear an approved racing helmet. Full face and current Snell rated recommended.
- All competitors MUST wear an approved fire retardant driving suit. All competitors MUST wear safety goggles or face shield.
- All cars MUST be equipped with approved safety belt and shoulder harness, double straps are required. They MUST be installed in a manner approved by safety officials. Only quick release racing type belts will be allowed. All cars MUST have a five (5) point seat belt system, seat belt, shoulder harness and crotch strap. Minimum of three (3) inch wide belts MUST be used. Seat belts and driver seat MUST be secured to the frame or roll cage. We recommend that the seat belt and shoulder harness be replaced every two (2) years.
- All cars MUST be painted and MUST be in a clean and presentable condition upon entering competition. They will be allowed three (3) weeks to repaint and repair sheet metal damage after an accident.
- The car number MUST be painted on the car in a legible manner and in sharply contrasting colors 18 inches high on both sides of the car and on the roof facing the left side. A white number minimum of 6 inches high painted on a black background MUST be mounted in the upper right hand corner of the windshield opening. Competitors name must appear above the driver’s door.
- Any added weight MUST be securely attached with a minimum of two (2) ½ inch diameter bolts. Any added weight MUST be painted white and MUST be identified with the COMPETITORS car number on it.
- No Claims!! Official’s decisions are FINAL!!
- This class currently participates at Belle Clair Speedway only.
- All monetary punishments for illegal cars or trucks will be: First offense: $25.00, Second offense: $50.00, Third Offense: will result in suspension for balance of the season. The driver may also loose his/her points. All fines will be carried over to the next season if not paid.